Friday, January 23, 2009

Govinda to launch his daughter Narmada

Govinda’s career graph is on a downhill now and since her daughter Narmada is now ready to face the camera and the anxious father has decided to produce her debut film himself.

‘Narmada will launch her film career anytime in 2009. I feel today she is emotionally ready to face the camera,’ said Govinda adding, “After weighing all the pros and cons, I decided I’m the best person to produce my daughter’s debut film. I don’t want anyone else, no matter how well-meaning, to take the credit for launching my daughter.”

Govinda is considering Nikhil Advani and Shaad Ali for directing the film. “Ideally, I’d have liked Narmada to be launched by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. He is among our best. But since that is not possible, we’re looking at some other names. My daughter has to be directed by someone who has a vision and an aesthetic sense and also respects the work that I do,” said the actor.

As for himself, Govinda wants to slow down his pace and has stopped signing new films or taking up rputine roles. He has decided to work only with directors who are as organised and disciplined as Mani Ratnam.

Narmada

2 comments: